Another month has passed (actually two, but who cares), so here we are with the new release: emesene 2.11.7!
A new version of course bring a new set of features, so here's a list of the most important ones:
- Plugins and themes can be loaded from ~/.config/emesene2/[plugins|themes]
- Avatars for Google talk and Facebook
- Mail access in Google talk
- A new Windows installer
- Unity launcher support
- Fully supported Adium theme set. All the themes are now Adium style
- Conversations don't close when the user is disconnected
- Updated translations
- Again, more than 100 user reported issues were closed
Thanks again to everyone who helped making this release possible, being it by contributing a huge amount of code, or by simply submitting a bug report. Every contribution helps to make emesene better.
Of course we can always use some extra people that help develop emesene. You might think it too hard for you, but if I may take myself as an example: about half a year ago I didn't even know python yet, and here I am writing you about the new emesene release. It's not that hard really, but coding still takes time, which is not something we have a lot of. That's why we need you.
Now, to download emesene 2.11.7, the source is available as a zipball or tarball. Just extract and run!
Other packages should be available soon. Just watch the download page.