Almost 2 months have passed again, so it was time for a new release. The release is a bit earlier than planned, because of some problems with the msn protocol. All problems related to this should be fixed in this new release.
The source can be found at [tarball | zipball]. Just download, extract and run! The new version for Ubuntu will be available in a few hours in our ppa. Downloads for other platforms should also be available soon.
Now let's see what new features there are in this release:
- Connection issues with the msn protocol are fixed
- Better google talk and facebook support (you'll need to have python-xmpp installed to see it)
- A more stable plugin/theme download system
- Unity launcher support for Oneiric
- Settings are also saved when you log out of your desktop account
- A working Windows installer (again)
- Updated translations
The aforementioned Facebook support improvements include an experimental method for Facebook mail support. This method will be improved in the next emesene version.
Thanks to everyone who contributed, be it in the form of code, translations, packages, bug reports, or just keeping us awake in the irc channel. For everyone who wants to help with translating emesene, the translations can be found at launchpad. The template will be updated every Saturday, meaning that there could be new strings to translate every week. All translations you make will be included in the next release.
So have fun with the new release, and if you happen to find any bugs, please report them.