- single window mode, like skypetab-ng, for all your docking needs
- direct-connect aka fast file transfers are now implemented in msn, emesene will listen on 6891 (and subsequent, if needed) when receiving and will try to fallback gracefully to slow file transfers in case the bridge fails. Please remember this feature is tied to your network configuration, so if it works or not it doesn't depend entirely on emesene.
- Multiple-points-of-presence with msn: connect everywhere and manage all your endpoints
- SleekXMPP is now the default library for gtalk, facebook and other xmpp services.
- You can open mail in your desktop client, if you want
- Too many to list here, but we fixed all the exceptions that have been reported in the bugtracker. And they're TONS. And of course, not only that.
- gtk3 support is now fully in place however some nasty bugs in ubuntu's pygobject prevent us from improving it further. gtk2 will remain the default ui.
- qt4 ui is broken as a consequence of recent changes/fixes to core.
- We need Windows developers in order to improve the build, since there're some Windows-specific bugs (Windows 7 x64 in particular)
- We need someone capable of updating the emesene-team ppa for Ubuntu (it's stuck with 2.12.1)
- Ofcourse any developer/packager is welcomed, help us mantain the greatest opensource im client!
If you package emesene for any OS please take a look at the updated requirements (in DEPENDS).
We strongly recommend to users stuck with older versions to upgrade.
[ Tarball | Zipball ]