All emesene users stuck with older versions must upgrade!
- New in-development QQ backend and session through libwebqq (Xiang Wang)
- Updated SleekXMPP for XMPP backend
- Fixed msn transfers
- Improved msn endpoints handling
- Fixed messages not being received or rendered with weird fonts
- Added infrastructure for allowing plugins to hook into events (at the moment only send and receive message events are handled, we will add hooks on request) with priority lists
- Added new options for exporting conversation history (now HTML, CSV, JSON, XML and TXT are supported)
- Improved history dialog
- Fixed many, many, many bugs in the gtk gui and added a few new features
- Better OSX experience (Josh Fradley)
- Improved Qt4 gui (not suitable for daily usable yet, development only)
- Improved plugins and themes updates
- Updated translations
Note about gtk3:
It's not perfect yet, and there's a blocker bug in Ubuntu Precise 12.04 so this release sticks with gtk2 as the default and only supported gui.
However we're looking forward improving the Qt4 gui since other os-es could be supported easier (e.g. see gtk2/3 bugs in windows/osx).
Any help is appreciated.
If you package emesene for any OS please take a look at the updated requirements (in DEPENDS). Let us know once a package is ready so we can update the download page!
[ Tarball | Zipball ]
OS-specific packages (windows, osx, linux) coming soon.